Sunday, April 24, 2011

How to Turn a Silk Scarf into a Halter Top Blouse

Hi Everyone,
I would like to share one of my most recent discoveries. I was wondering how I could use these scarves that are so beautiful in other ways to show off their wonderful prints and colors. I hear from many people that they collect silk scarves but don't wear them very much and they just sit in the drawer. Well, I have some suggestions!

First of all, it's quite easy to turn a silk scarf into a very cute halter top. You just need a ribbon, a scarf clip or brooch and a large square silk scarf. Take the scarf and fold it in half so that you end up with a triangle. Then you take the middle pointy piece and pull that through the scarf clip. If you are using a brooch then fold over that corner leaving a space for the ribbon to thread through.

Then take the ribbon and pull it through the hole you made with the brooch. If you are using the clip, simply fold the clip over the ribbon. Tie ribbon around your neck and then tie the other two ends of the scarf behind your back. Viola!

Silk Scarf Clip

Pull Ends of Scarf through the ring on the clip.
Clip being used as a necklace - just clip it on a ribbon or chain.

Tie other ends in the back.
Front View - all tied up!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for the tip, where can I find this silk scarf clip, I used to have one but I can´t find it in Mex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOla,
    You can order these online on Ebay. There are tons of sellers on there who sell these second hand.
    Good luck and have fun!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete